Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Niblets of My Mind


The only thing worse than not being loved,
Is being loved by the wrong person.
It just rubs it in.

He’s angry, wants to curse and shock the world.
Watch out, Girlfriend. You’re next.

Watch out for me when I’m sweet and polite.
I’m lying like a rug.

You remind me of my Mom when you smile,
And blame the world for your problems.

There is one lesson a woman must learn:
Kids and a mortgage won’t keep a man.
But they keep doing it anyway.
Forty billionth time’s the charm.

I get you. I understand. It’s not your fault.
But I still have to get my ass the Hell out of here.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant... and in my case, topical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything works out for you Jodi. But sometimes they just don't want to hear the right words. I am retired from Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thank you for the compliment, J.

    ReplyDelete