Saturday, February 5, 2011

Let's Kick This Off Again Since we Have a New Play

I missed doing this and I am still writing plays, so let's get going with this. I have a friend who is starting a new theater in New Jersey and I might actually get a reading of the monster, the 120 page "Cyrano de Bergerac" modernization that I call "Amour Americaine". It's copywritten. It's up to the 6th draft and getting better, but I gotta hear it. There is a contest for one acts, Estrogenius (I know. I know. But they do good work) that I'm entering and I'm turning the old ReinhardRites into an essay on the theater for another contest. I am entered in a contest to be printed and basically I am hopping up and down screaming SUSAN B. REINHARD IS A PLAYWRIGHT! which you have to do so they at least know your name. I'm also going to try to do something amazingly difficult and fix a huge flaw in my personality. The compulsive/addictive/romantic thing did give me a great play in Amour, but I can't do this any more. It's too tiring and I have vowed a million times to be a Feminist. Now, I'm going to try and I have to give up Fantasyland, which will not be easy for me, the addict, but it has to be done. SUSAN B. REINHARD IS A PLAYWRIGHT! Damn it! That's not such a bad thing to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment