Thursday, February 9, 2012

I Minored in Philosophy, Let's Shake Off the Rust


Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. It is wonderful while it is a study…where you start having  a problem is in needing to arrive at a conclusion or to arrive at a Truth. Philosophy is the party.  Truth is the morning after. When you say ERGO…you had better be ready to wow the crowd. I learned a long time ago that the greatest army of facts can’t stop a single prejudice if the other person needs to believe the lie. My Truth may clash with your Truth and if we are both daydreaming about perfection and redemption, then we are saying that Truth does not yet exist and we must create it in our dreams. By the time we realize that we cannot survive in the nonexistent, we may no longer be young and we are are mired in reality. The secret to not going mad or committing suicide is to connect with our reality. This is it. This is the game and the rules. How you move forward means you must understand where you are and move forward on solid ground. Drop your demands and expectations if they have never been fulfilled and just be open to what the world offers you. It might be more than you expected and you might be happier than you imagined. Try not to feel anger and regret that you didn’t know this earlier. Stay in the moment and stop thinking. Just breathe. And I am not saying that I am there yet. I am not saying I don’t still drift off to Fantasyland. I am only saying that I’m starting to get It. And like Philosophy, I may not be able to tell you the answer, but I am starting to enjoy the Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment