Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reinhard Rule of Riting #19

Write the Perfect (Fill in the Blank With Play Name)

We did the reading of The Talking God last night and were delighted to discover that it is the perfect The Talking God. Doesn't mean it's a masterpiece or a huge seller, but that it is what it is and the story of The Talking God was told perfectly. That means, don't try to write Hamlet or The Twilight Saga (ICH ICH ICH), write the perfect version of your play. Get your vision out there. YOUR vision, even if it's as nuts as Najavo deities boinking all the women in the back yard of a suburban house. ("Gordon...what is he doing to her? I've never heard a woman make those noises!" "Neither have I, Martha. Neither have I.") "Frenzy Witchcraft" is my masterpiece, but you have to start with Charlie Malone. I was proud I could still just hear the words and not worry about the perfect casting. Prouder still that I blindly wrote exactly two one hour acts. BOOLYAH! And I again talked to the Pastor about teaching a playwriting class called REINHARD RITES!

No comments:

Post a Comment