Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reinhard Rule of Riting #8

DROP THE MOUSE AND MOVE AWAY FROM THE MAC

I had not been able to track down two one act plays, so I decided a little challenge would be recreating them. Alas, they ARE outgrowths of the trilogy. I felt bad about putting Riza through the hell of “Frenzy Witchcraft”, so it is actually MY “Redemption” and I wanted to give her a good man. I introduce Virginia State Trooper, the wonderfully named Christian Soldier:
Valjean Roland.

VAL
I run the procedure. Check the plates on the computer. Get out my book and pen. Unsnap the holster on my gun and place my hat on my head. I take a moment to talk to Jesus. I tell him that I understand that he believes in Peace, so it’s up to him to make sure this encounter stays peaceful...and if it doesn’t, then he has to understand that I have to do what I have to do. We seem to have come to terms with the necessities of my job.

I couldn’t resist thinking of the story in "Frenzy" of Rob Jr. being 16 and losing his virginity to his 22 year-old Tutor. It is, of course, called “Tutorial”. Could be a fun double bill.

ROB
OK. Let’s look at this Binary Table. There’s my first lesson...what the Hell is Binary?
(Serena casually removes her blouse, exposing her lovely breasts clad in a lacy bra, and picks up a tee shirt and dons it. She is barely aware of Rob.)
SERENA
It’s a number system based on two. Each number expressed by powers of two by using only two digits.
ROB
Two. Right. God bless two. I just love the number two. You know, I am in the room and I did pass puberty three years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment