Thursday, August 12, 2010

Reinhard Rule of Riting #11

August is the Cruellest...and loooooongest month

Nothing much theatrical happens in August. This is the vacation time. The blow-up-up movie time and YOU do not have one coming out. There are no contests. No reason to schmooze anyone with any power because they're off at Casa de Loco Lupo Whatever. You have to wait. There will be some signs of life, but they will run away quickly, their flip-flops flapping. You have to wait till after Labor Day. The Internet, I'm discovering, is the stalker's paradise, but if it involves a University YOU HAVE TO WAIT! Trust me. I have these 5 plays and I gotta just hear human beings read the words to hear what I have. But nooooooooooooo...they're at the Beach! And with the East Coast entering day 75 of heat above 90 degrees...they are not coming back till after Labor Day and then they'll be ALL BUSY with getting the season or the academic year. SIGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment