Sunday, August 22, 2010

Reinhard Rule of Riting #14

Choose the perfect music, till you get the bill

One of the benefits of obscurity is that you can pretty much use whatever music you want because no one is going to see your production who can make trouble by calling in the Royalty question. I have been so obscure that I don't even know where Royalties are calculated, but I suspect ASCAAP is involved. If there is any publicity, you may have to change your idea of the ideal.

The strangest thing has been happening lately. People are finally reading my plays and are telling me that they are good. Even that sick m#$%@(* "Frenzy Witchcraft," which, DUH, is a masterpiece. It makes it really hard for me to be sensible and accept that a 61 year old cripple will never be produced. The only thing I have to do is get them to READ it, which, most play readers for theaters and contests are trying to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment