Tuesday, April 12, 2011

There’s more than one of me, I have a job here

This blog is about women in general, I have to think about what I say and about repercussions. Of course, I know that I am not an important or relevant voice, but I have to play one in this blog. This is about women. This is about aging. This is about trying to survive in a society that tries to marginalize us and under Republican rule, literally wants us dead.

But then, there is me in real life, where I have to cut some people some slack. I have to be understanding because friends deserve that. I know them. I know why they do what they do. I have friends with troubled lives that gives them unique complications I must respect. I have a group on Facebook who want to play Volleyball on the beach and tell raunchy jokes, so I find raunchy jokes. I have a group who are into frogs and snakes, so I am trying to learn about that. There are a dozen different political causes to follow and as they are at least Facebook friends, I try to keep up. I do the least well with the literary intellectuals, ‘cause I aren’t one. All I do is write and I analyze strictly from the gut, not the brain.

I’m not a hypocrite, I’m a chameleon. Welcome to the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment