Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sonnet 52 – So Much for Peaceful Old Age


Sonnet 52 – So Much for Peaceful Old Age
I am bored beyond all sense and reason,
Sans child and career, my late days grow stale.
So high a price I paid in youth’s season,
I played the gamble and so, did I fail.
Long days in silence, living on the dole,
Not one moment of “normal” in my life.
Do guts and courage show a female’s soul?
Should I have sold young beauty to be wife?
And now, my America has lost its mind.
Slipped down the Rabbit Hole of hate and greed.
New fashioned to be racist and unkind,
And gleeful to see neighbors starve and need.
So, old and crippled, I must be Samurai,
And go down fighting, even if I die.

2 comments:

  1. Brutally honest. I love your work. You are talented beyond the imagination. Scary but inspirational. Your talent is rare and refreshing! Thank you for sharing this gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Wendy. i think age and retirement has freed me. I appreciate your support

      Delete