Monday, July 30, 2012

Sonnet 65 -- No Cure for the Summertime Blues


I’m drained and tired, waiting for the Fall
The heat of summer and elections drain
Me of the urge to move or make a call
This sonnet keenly shows my lack of brain
Why is it that those who criticize me
Are stronger voices than the mass who care
I know all of each one’s insanity
And yet I give these nuts the larger share
At least I know that they’re just like my Mom
Who got my service by bringing me down
And years of shrinks gave me some dear freedom
From binding my heart to the clever clown
But now it’s time to live by the lesson
And don’t get involved in what they mess in

1 comment:

  1. Sheila Reinhard AugustineAugust 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM

    These lines :

    I’m drained and tired, waiting for the Fall
    The heat of summer and elections drain
    Me of the urge to move or make a call

    I am so tired of the summer heat, I am so tired of reading/hearing/thinking about the elections, that I want to get away from all media. My brain is shriveling up. I am too tired to care... yet I do.

    ReplyDelete