Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Steady Drip, Drip, Drip of Reinhard, June 6, 2012


The Steady Drip, Drip, Drip of Reinhard, June 6, 2012

The most depressing place to get gray hair is not on your head. We’ll leave it at that.

imagine
you and me
i do
i think about us
day and night
so happy together
my friends
and my shrink
want me to stop
but what fun
is that?

This is a particularly nasty era to be growing old: caught between the good old free spending, high debt days where we would charge a liposuction or facelift on the Mastercard and not worry if it were ever paid off; and the new Happy Fascism, which has decided that if you’re not rich, you should be die.  

I’m getting bored with me.

2 comments:

  1. thought you might get a kick out of this post about america's most famous sonnet:
    http://www.freewoodpost.com/2012/03/30/famous-statue-of-liberty-sonnet-to-be-replaced/

    not sure if it's clear i was playing along with the satire in my comment about jan brewer. oh, well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUNNY! And Brewer would be the one to suggest it.

    ReplyDelete